Can you afford digital marketing services during a recession? While the question is daunting, we think that the real question is, can you afford to not market your business during a recession?
While the COVID-19 pandemic has brought about a mild recession, causing many businesses to close their doors, internet marketing for small business is still prevalent.
Sure, your budget will likely be different, but we are here to provide you with some simple and powerful recession-proof digital marketing strategies that can help you maintain brand recognition, even during the most trying of times.
If you don’t believe that internet marketing for small business is a good idea during a recession here are some stats that will prove you wrong:
- Daily users on Facebook averaged 1.79 billion in June 2020, which was an increase of 12% YOY despite shutdowns.
- Non-store eCommerce retail sales reached 25% in the heat of the pandemic.
- Facebook’s ad revenue increased 11% by quarter two (2020).
- Amazon and other eCommerce sites achieved a 24% growth in online sales during the pandemic.
We could go on and on, but the stats speak for themselves.
Digital marketing is just as important for businesses during a recession as it is during economically prosperous times. But not all digital marketing methods are recession-proof.
Both search engine optimization (SEO) and pay per click (PPC) advertising are ideal recession-proof strategies for small to mid-sized businesses, and here’s why:
- PPC – By only paying for clicks, you can easily control your PPC ad spend with campaigns on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- SEO – SEO is a form of organic digital marketing that has one of the highest ROIs which offers more value as time goes on, despite potential global financial crisis.
At American Creative we proudly offer SEO, PPC, and other effective internet marketing for small business. Working with you and your budget to find the ideal digital marketing strategy we keep your online presence strong, even in the midst of a tough economy. Get in touch with us today to learn more about what we can do for you!