Google Business profiles are integral to internet marketing for small business. Attracting an average of 1K+ searches per month, your Google My Business account has a huge reach. But what happens when your Google Business profile gets suspended?
If your Google My Business profile has been suspended do not freak out, nine out of ten times the issue can be fixed. But the challenging part of reversing your suspension is figuring out what the issue was in the first place, because yeah, you guessed it, Google will not tell you why your profile was suspended to begin with.
Before you get trigger happy and fill out your reinstatement form right way, you need to make sure that you have all your ducks in a row. The following are the most common reasons why your Google My Business profile may be suspended:
- You have a service-area business, but you still include a physical address.
- The business URL is connected to another website.
- Your business has been listed as 24/7.
- Your business is fully remote (online-only).
- Too many changes have been made to your profile at once.
- Your business is listed as a co-working space or virtual office.
- The business URL is connected to a social media page. .
- Your business address is a P.O. box or UPS store address.
- Business name keyword stuffing.
- You have a high-risk business category (publumbers, HVAC, rehab centers, lawyers, etc.).
- There’s another business with your same address.
- You have recently changed your listing from Storefront to Service Area Business (SAB).
- There are multiple listings of your business listed at the same address.
- A GMB account manager got their account suspended, which suspends your listing.
- Your hours don’t match your website hours.
If your Google Business profile has been suspended, don’t worry–we are here to help!
At American Creative, we help businesses scale with comprehensive, sustainable internet marketing for small business. Serving thousands of businesses throughout the USA and Canada we are the number one choice for small business digital marketing throughout Northern America.
Need help with PPC? Looking to strengthen your SEO marketing strategy? Need a new website? We go above and beyond to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. Get in touch with us today to chat with our team about internet marketing for small business!